Saturday, July 30, 2011

What I'm Loving This Week

Food and otherwise.

1. Owl Cookie Jar - I spotted this adorable cookie jar in a gift shop last weekend. I mentioned in my last "What I'm Loving this Week" post that I have a soft spot for animal shaped kitchen gadgets, so of course this guy stole my heart. His $50 pricetag though, was a bit much. Knowing I had to have him in some form, I opted instead for his $10 salt and pepper shaker counterparts. So for now, the cookie jar is still on my wish list (hint hint to anyone who wants to buy me an early Christmas present). Mark my word, one day my tiny salt and pepper shakers will have a momma owl cookie jar.





2. Pinterest - Because Twitter and Facebook aren't enough to occupy my online time, now I have Pinterest. And, who knew pinning photos could be so much fun? In case you haven't heard of it, Pinterest is a site where you can store your favorite ideas and recipes and pin them to your categorized boards. For instance, I have a board for food and drink, fashion, DIY projects and a board for my distant (make that very distant seeing as I'm single) future wedding. I don't know where else I would have found the inspiration for a swing made out of an old wooden chair, flower vases made out of lightbulbs, imprinting newspaper ink onto my finger nails or turning pretzels into lady bugs. Oh, and did you know you can put a crayon into a hot glue gun and squirt it onto a canvas to make rainbow colored art? LOVE IT. Click here to check out my boards and to follow me.

 



3. Nude Nails  - Inspired by Pinterest, made possible by Essie San Tropez polish. I was lucky enough to find this color on clearance at Target the other day. It's a nude taupe color that looks elegant alone, or with a special Pinterest inspired treatment. This week I chose to paint all of my nails nude and paint a coat of sparkle polish over the ring finger nails. I love this look and I've been rocking it all summer in various colors. Next week I plan to try the newspaper print nails you see below. You simply paint your nails, let them dry then soak them in rubbing alcohol. Next you take a piece of newspaper and press it onto the nail. Remove and paint with a topcoat.




4. Giant Rainbow Cookies - Ever since Jessica at How Sweet It Is posted these giant rainbow cookies a few weeks ago, the blogosphere has been abuzz with them. Double stacked monster cookies filled with rainbow M&Ms that are being hailed by some as "the best cookie ever." Feeling that I too need to get in on this phenomenon I just might have to bake them this weekend. You can find the recipe here

Photo Courtesy of Jessica @ How Sweet It Is


5. Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me - I'm a huge Chelsea Handler fan. I've read all of her books and have my DVR set to record every episode of her late night talk show. Though she can be vulgar, I enjoy her sarcasm, wit and her love for vodka. Sadly, I have to admit that I wasn't impressed with her last book so I was a little reluctant to pick up the copy of her newest book. This book differs from the rest of her memoirs because It's written by her friends, family and co-workers about the hilarious pranks that Chelsea has played on them over the years. I'm finding the chapters written by her regular Chelsea Lately cohorts, Brad Wollack and Heather McDonald to be hysterical. So pick up a copy, it's a quick read, but a good laugh.




What are you loving this week? Comment below!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...