Monday, October 10, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups


This guest post comes to you from my friend Maggie. Maggie and I were roommates at Elizabethtown College. I had the privilege of being a bridesmaid in her beautiful wedding last year. We share a mutual love of baking and she has quite possibly the biggest sweet tooth of anyone I know. When I started the blog, I immediately went to Maggie and asked her if she would be interesting in writing some guest posts. Maggie and her husband Preston live in Lambertville, NJ.

Back in the summertime, Amber and I took a trip to the mall before heading out to see a Maroon 5 concert (the concert was amazing, by the way). After shopping for awhile, we decided to stop and get a snack at the Nestle Toll House stand. I chose to get a chocolate chip cookie cup. Basically it is a chocolate chip cookie, shaped into a cup and filled with chocolate. A couple of weeks later, my husband and I were on vacation and passed by another Nestle Toll House store. I immediately made him stop so I could get another cookie cup and so he could see what I was raving about it.


This recipe isn't anything huge or innovative, but it's a great twist on a classic chocolate chip cookie and so comforting to have one at the end of the day! You make the cookie cup by pressing cookie dough into a cupcake pan, baking it and then melting and pouring chocolate into the cup. You can also press soft caramel into the cups and drizzle them with chocolate.


Last week, I was at my parent's house  and when my mom and I had a few free minutes, I suggested we try and make the cookie cups. The recipe from the Nestle Toll House site suggests that you use pre-packaged cookie dough. We went ahead and made our favorite chocolate chip cookie dough ourselves, but you could  do either depending on the amount of time you have. Also, we made two sizes and used a mini cupcake pan and a regular size. Both turned out great!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
from Nestle Toll House 

1 package Nestle Toll House refrigerated cookie dough OR your own favorite homemade dough
1 package milk chocolate morsels
Sprinkles for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 12 cup muffin tin or a 24 cup mini muffin tin.

Press one tablespoon of dough into each mini muffin cup or two tablespoons of dough into a regular sized muffin cup. Press the dough down lightly in the center to make a well.

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges are set. After removing the cookie cups from the oven, I chose to press each cookie down in the middle to make a deeper well. If you want more chocolate, I would definitely advise this step.

Cool the cups in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.

Melt the chocolate morsels in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until the chocolate is melted. Spoon the melted chocolate into the center of the cookie cups and immediately sprinkle with sprinkles. Allow the chocolate to set before serving.

For caramel cups, press soft caramel into the center of the cookie cups and drizzle with melted chocolate.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...