Monday, November 7, 2011

Ooey Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Blondies


A few weeks ago, the Tasty Kitchen Blog featured these Ooey Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Blondies from Lauren's Latest. I've always loved blondies, my favorite being the Maple Butter Blondie from Applebee's. Blondies are almost like a cookie, but with the texture of a brownie, minus the chocolate. So when I was trying to decide what to bake this weekend I immediately thought of these blondies. And better yet? I had all of the ingredients on hand!

My only complaint with this recipe is that the name is a little misleading. I wouldn't classify these as true blondies, but more of a cake. In fact the pumpkin layer has the same density of a pumpkin bread, soft, light and moist. A blondie is a little more dry and cookie like. The cake almost reminds me of the Pumpkin Nutella Bread I made earlier this fall, with the caramel in place of the nutella. Nonetheless, the cake is perfect for your next fall gathering, whether served alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of warm caramel.

For step by step photo instructions head on over to Tasty Kitchen for the recipe: Ooey Gooey Caramel Pumpkin Blondies
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...