Friday, November 4, 2011

Orange Cream Jello Shots


This guest post comes to you from Amanda at Frosted Social.
Amanda and I were classmates and friends at Elizabethtown College where we were both Communications majors. We share a mutual love for baking, especially cupcakes! Around the time I started my blog, Amanda started hers as well, focusing not only on baking but also fashion and event planning. Amanda had been planning to attend our ill-fated Halloween party last weekend. Here's what she was planning to bring!

It's no secret that I'm a HUGE fan of Halloween! For months I feverishly search the web for trending topics and major events of the year, in hopes of sparking an idea for that perfect costume. This year, I majorly dropped the ball and had no plan in mind. When I received an invite to the coolest party in Pennsylvania, I was ecstatic, but immediately started racking my brain for costume ideas.


As a guest of the party, I knew I couldn't greet the hostess empty-handed. Trying to choose between food or alcohol was no easy task, so I opted for a combination of the two; Jello Shots! I adapted a Birthday Cake Jello Shot recipe found on Sweet Tooth. These tasty little shots are made with an orange cream soda, grape vodka and gelatin base, topped with a drop of whipped cream and sprinkles. It's a cinch to make....just mix, heat all ingredients in a saucepan over the stove and pour into a silicone mold. After a few hours in the fridge, they are ready to be served!

Unfortunately, the weekend's festivities took a turn for the worse when a freak snow storm hit the area hard and buried residents under a foot of snow, knocking out electricity to millions on the East coast. I myself just got power restored Wednesday morning after 78 hours! It really makes me appreciate having a home and warm bed to sleep in.

All Halloween festivities were postponed until mid-November, so my jello shots never made it to the party. Instead, they went in my belly :)

Orange Cream Jello Shots
Adapted From Sweet Tooth

2/3 Cup Cream Soda (I used Stewart's Diet Orange Cream Soda)
1 tbsp Heavy Cream
2 Envelops Gelatin  (I used orange flavor, but plain works great too)
2/3 Cup Vodka  (I used Grape, but try mixing up the flavors with orange, cherry, etc.)
Whipped Cream & Sprinkles for garnishing

Lightly spray a silicone pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the soda and cream into a medium saucepan and sprinkle gelatin on top. Allow it to soak for 2-3 minutes. Heat on low and stir occasionally (about 5 minutes) until the gelatin dissolves.

Remove from heat and add the vodka.

Pour into molds and chill in the refrigerator for several hours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...