Thursday, July 7, 2011

White Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cookies



I first heard of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter by Peanut Butter & Co. by reading other food blogs. This is usually how I find out about fun food products. I searched high and low at my local grocery stores but was only able to find their Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter. On a trip to Baltimore a few weekends ago, I stumbled into a Whole Foods (we don't have these where I'm from), and found myself in the peanut butter aisle. I couldn't believe my eyes... there it was, White Chocolate Wonderful. It was almost as if I was staring at a pink sparkly unicorn basking under a rainbow with a leprechaun and the Easter Bunny. Even more astonishing? It was only $4.99! I know most of you are reading this saying, "who pays $4.99 for peanut butter?" Well, a girl who clearly has no conscience when it comes to finances. Plus, I paid close to $6 for the Dark Chocolate Dreams at my local grocery store, so this seemed like a steal. I snatched up a jar and ran to the checkout counter like I had just won the lottery.

I knew exactly what to do with the peanut butter. After eating half the jar by the spoonful (don't worry, I didn't double dip, I just went through about 10 spoons), I saved the other half for these cookies... White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. As I was mixing them I had an even better idea... banana! Spying the ripe bananas across the kitchen, I grabbed one and threw it in the mixer (I peeled it first, of course), all the while my mom was watching me wondering how and when she had given birth to such a crazed lunatic. I assured her the banana was for the best. And why stop there? Next, I threw in some cinnamon. Again, my mom shook her head and thought for sure I had just ruined a batch of perfectly good cookies. Wrong. So, wrong. 



Soft peanut butter cookies with white chocolate chips, ripe banana and a subtle hint of cinnamon. There's nothing wrong about them. And, they're co-worker approved, so you know they're good (holla, PDA!) 



And again, these photos came from my iPhone. If anyone wants to donate a Canon Rebel to my cause, I'll gladly accept. Maybe I should just instagram all of my photos, then it's artsy if they look washed out and pixelated!


White Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
 An Amber's Confections Original Recipe

Makes 3 dozen

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used White Chocolate Wonderful)
1 egg
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 3/4 cup flour
1 banana
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.

In the bowl of a mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter for two minutes until pale and fluffy. Add the brown sugar and white sugar and beat for two more minutes. Add the egg, banana and peanut butter and mix until combined. Mix together your dry ingredients - flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet. If the batter is too wet, add a little more flour. Mix in the chocolate chips.

Using a cookie scoop, place dough on a parchment lined baking sheet at least 2 inches apart. Bake 9-10 minutes or until light brown. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...