Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mango Guacamole for One

Or two... if you like to share.

Pin It

I HATE CILANTRO. There. I said it.

You will never, ever find so much as a speck of that vile green plant in any of my recipes. I know, I know. Probably 99% of the universe loves cilantro, but I am not one of them. It's not my fault though. There have been studies that prove that some people's brains are genetically predisposed to registering cilantro as a soapy taste and smell. Even Julia Child hated it, so I'm in good company.

With that said, I can still make a mean guacamole. My secret? Mango. It adds the perfect touch of sweetness to balance out the mild avocado and spicy jalapeno. This recipe makes enough for one serving (but you could double or triple the recipe for a crowd).

And I mean, I guess if you really want to add cilantro... you could. Just don't bring it to my house.

Mango Guacamole for One

1 medium ripe avocado
1/4 red onion
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
salt
pepper
1/4 cup chopped mango

In a food processor, combine red onion, jalapeno and garlic. Pulse until finely minced. Halve the avocado and scoop it into the food processor. Pulse three or four times or until combined.

Scoop the guacamole into a serving bowl. Add the lemon juice and mango and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Serve with chips.

Makes about 3/4 cup.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...