Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cookies 'n' Creme Bar Brownies

Pin It

I'm writing this post from sunny Orlando, Florida. I'd brag about how great the weather is down here but apparently everyone back home is having great weather too. So I'm going to keep this post short and sweet because I'm on vacation and I'd much rather be basking by the pool than attached to my laptop.

Have you ever tried a Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme candy bar? They're creamy white chocolate bars laced with bits of chocolate cookie. I remember the first time I ever had one was on a trip to Hershey's Chocolate World with my grandma when I was about eight years old. The best part about the Chocolate World ride (aside from the singing cows of course) is the candy sample at the end of the ride. They usually let guests sample a new product and back then, it was this creamy, delicious candy bar. What better way to eat them than sandwiched between gooey brownies?

Cookies 'n' Creme Bar Brownies

1 package of brownie mix (8x8 pan mix) + ingredients to prepare the mix (egg, oil, water)
2 king size Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme candy bars

Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil. Spray the foil with nonstick spray.

In a mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, egg, oil and water according to the package. Pour half of the batter into the bottom of the brownie pan. Spread it evenly across the pan. Unwrap the candy bars and place them side by side on top of the brownie batter. Pour the remaining brownie batter over the candy bars and spread it evenly across the top. Make sure the candy bars are completely covered by the brownie batter.

Bake the brownies for 20-25 minutes or until the top of the brownie is dry and the edges begin to pull away from the pan.

Let the brownies cool for 20 minutes in the pan. Using the edges of the foil, remove the brownies from the pan. Allow to cool completely. Slice the brownies into 16 squares and serve.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...