Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Best of the First Two Months

I apologize that I've been slacking here lately. It's been a strange couple of weeks. I'm getting ready to move to a new apartment next week and between the move, my birthday, my mother's birthday and other events, I haven't had time to get into the kitchen. Except for Sunday, when I attempted to make a Banoffee Cream Puff Cake that I was less than impressed with. So hang in there, I promise I'll have a new recipe or two before the move. Hopefully after Labor Day when I'm settled into the new place, I'll get my baking groove back.

In celebration of a full two months of Amber's Confections, I wanted to take a minute to mention my favorite recipes thus far, as well as your favorite recipes.



Caramel Stuffed Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles with Candied Bacon
These truffles are to die for. Easily my favorite thing I've made so far. And, it was an original recipe so score one for my first attempt at recipe development. Creamy peanut butter, crispy salty pretzel pieces, soft caramel and chocolate. Oh, and bacon!






 White Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
The reader favorite, thanks to the traffic from Peanut Butter & Co. I didn't realize that by tweeting my blog post to the company I'd instantaneously get hundreds of hits. Soft peanut butter cookies with white chocolate chunks and a hint of banana and cinnamon.



Rosemary Cream Cheese Ice Cream
Tangy ice cream with a sweet hint of rosemary. I know, it sounds weird but I swear it's delicious. It was an original recreation of a dessert I had at a unique restaurant in Doylestown, PA.




Root Beer Float Whoopie Pies
The recipe that started it all! My very first post was dedicated to recreating a whoopie pie I had eaten at a craft fair the year before. Soft vanilla bean cakes sandwiched with fluffy root beer swiss meringue.


Did your favorite recipe make the list?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...