Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I'm Loving This Week

Food and otherwise.

1. Copper Baking Necklace by bellehibou on Etsy - I'll just put this bluntly. I have a birthday coming up next week and for those who may be interested in buying me a present, here's your hint. I LOVE this necklace. I've seen similar necklaces in sterling but the copper really piqued my interest. How cute are those little measuring cups and the muffin tin? So perfect. At only $29, I'd say it's a bargain! You can find it here: Copper Baking Necklace


2. Antipasto Kabobs - One of my latest Pinterest finds, these Antipasto Kabobs from The Hungry Housewife are the perfect appetizer for a dinner party. Cheese Tortellini, cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, salami and olives, skewered for the perfect portable hors d'oeuvre. Now I just need to find a reason to have a party. Then again, they would also make a great lunch!

Photo courtsey of The Hungry Housewife

3. Jason Aldean My Kinda Party - Over the years I've gone in and out of country kicks. This summer has been one of those kicks where I just can't stop listening to it. My newest obsession is Jason Aldean, and yes, I know he's been around for years but I've been off in other music land. His latest album includes gems like "Dirt Road Anthem" which has since been remixed with Ludacris for a country/rap hybrid that I rock out to in the car. He also has a great duet with Kelly Clarkson called "Don't You Wanna Stay." There's just something about a man singing a sappy country song that makes my heart melt and Jason Aldean is no exception.



4. Power Yoga - On Saturday I took an hour long power yoga class at my gym. Some people think yoga and think it's all about relaxation and breathing and not a real workout. Power yoga is a workout, trust. The poses are advanced and the speed in which you switch from pose to pose is a lot quicker than a typical yoga class. I fancy myself to be pretty flexible and have great balance so some of the challenging poses come easy to me. I'll admit, it even gives me a sick little thrill to be able to do some of these poses that my fellow classmates are unable to do (though I probably should mention that most of the people are much older than me). Four days later and I'm still sore.

Crow pose. Sadly, I don't look as graceful in this position as I'm generally trying not to nose dive into the floor.

5. Faceted Rhinestone Sandals from Forever21 - Can I just tell you that the best $10 I spent this summer was on these sandals from Forever21? Oh and the best $7 was their nautical silver braided counterparts. Seriously. Cheapest sandals ever but they've lasted me the entire summer and they look great! Pair them with a sundress or a cute pair of shorts and a blazer. I've even gotten away with wearing them at the office.


What are you loving this week?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...