Thursday, February 2, 2012

What I'm Loving this Week: Super Bowl Edition

Word on the street is there's a big football game coming up. I think it's called the Super Bowl (though I can't agree that either of the two teams playing are "super"). Since my work football pool ended about 7 weeks ago, I've lost all interest in watching the games. I guess I'll tune in for the commercials, but I don't even have halftime entertainment to look forward to since we're flashing back to the 80's this year with Madonna. So really, all I care about this year is the food and the premiere of The Voice after the game.

And to those of you who plan to watch The Voice this season, keep an eye out for my childhood friend, Ducky Duke, who announced his audition will be airing on the premiere. He can't say whether or not he made it as a contestant, but he's got an outstanding voice and stage presence, so I'm betting that he did! Check out some of his music on his Facebook Page and give him a "like!" 

Also, a shameless reminder to vote for my Butterfluffer Cupcakes in the Celebrations Cupcake Crown! You can vote once a day until February 11th. 

Back to the food... Will and I are staying in to watch the game on Sunday night. That doesn't mean I'm going to compromise and miss out on all the yummy snacks you'd find at your typical Super Bowl Party. On our menu so far is buffalo chicken dip, pizza muffins and take-out wings.

Still looking for ideas for your party? I scoured Pinterest to find some great recipes, perfect for the Super Bowl! Check out the cheesy, beer laden, dressing drenched and sweet snacks below.

This cheesy Buffalo Chicken Dip is a spin on the classic version I'm used to making, but you can never go wrong with more cheese.




                                                                          Source: passthesushi.com via Amber on Pinterest

Beer. Cheese. and Weiners. I think that about sums this up.

                                                            Source: lickthebowlgood.blogspot.com via Amber on Pinterest

Pepperoni Pizza Muffins, fluffy little muffins filled with cheese and pepperoni, dipped in marinara.

                                                                        Source: notwithoutsalt.com via Amber on Pinterest

A twist on nachos, these Greek Pita Nachos are loaded with tzatsiki, tomato, cucumber, feta and ground lamb.

                                                                        Source: howsweeteats.com via Amber on Pinterest

Cheddar Crusted Chicken Fingers, and they're healthy because they're baked... right?


                                                                      Source: whatsgabycooking.com via Amber on Pinterest

Slutty Brownies. A triple layer brownie with a chocolate chip cookie dough bottom, oreo middle and a brownie top. They're every bit as slutty as you might imagine.

Peanut Butter Football Dip, loaded with chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles. Perfect for dipping pretzels or graham cracker snacks.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...