Thursday, August 11, 2011

Raspberry Nutella Poundcake S'mores



Ever have one of those weeks where you think you can't possibly jam one more activity into it? That's how I feel about baking this week. I love baking, really I do (obviously we wouldn't be here if I didn't). But, truthfully, I probably picked the worst time in my life to start this blog. Between working two jobs and maintaining some semblance of a personal life, I'm finding it hard to find the time to bake. Plus all this baking requires a lot more of my time at the gym, otherwise I'd weigh about 400 lbs by now.


Nonetheless, I will find time to bake or create something, even if I have to squeeze it in after working a full day, my 40 minute commute, a two hour session at the gym, errands, laundry and preparing for a hot date. All of which I did last night. And while we're on the subject of dating, can I just say that I forgot how exhausting that whole process is? It's brutal out there.

I need a tropical vacation and a margarita, stat (and preferably a hot single man to serve me that drink. One who will inevitably fall head over heels in love with me and we will go on to live happily ever after). Enough daydreaming. More baking.

I saw a recipe for Pound Cake S'mores in the latest issue of Food Network Magazine. Ironically, a college friend of mine also posted a picture of said S'mores on Facebook the other day. They seemed simple enough and the perfect thing to make on a busy night such as last night. I thought I'd put a little twist on it by using Nutella and adding raspberry.

Raspberry Nutella Poundcake S'mores
adapted from Food Network Magazine 
Makes 6 S'mores

1 frozen Sara Lee Poundcake
1 jar of Nutella
1 jar of seedless raspberry jam
1 bag of mini marshmallows (or those ginormous ones they have out now, if you prefer)
2 tablespoons butter

Thaw the poundcake accordingly. Slice the poundcake and spread both sides with butter. In a skillet over medium heat, brown both sides of the poundcake. Add a tablespoon of nutella and a tablespoon of raspberry jam to one piece of poundcake. Add a few marshmallows to the other piece. Top the marshmallow piece with the raspberry/nutella piece. Brown a few more minutes on each side until the filling is warm and gooey.

Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...