Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Rolo Cake Mix Bars

Every now and then I disappear from my blog for a week or so. Not because I don't enjoy blogging, but sometimes I just need a break. The past few weeks have been busy, mostly thanks to a new little guy in my life - our rescue puppy, Tucker.

If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you've already seen his adorable little face plastered all over the place, but I couldn't resist sharing him again. I mean, look at him. Aside from being the perfect little gentleman, we're not quite sure what kind of dog he is. We think he's a mix between a shepherd, a sheltie and possibly a rottweiler.

Will and Tucker watching a Bucknell University baseball game.

I'm sure you can imagine how busy we've been with potty breaks on the hour, crate training and the general adjustment to having a puppy in the house. Not to mention we've had jam packed weekends filled with work, family events and baseball. So when I finally found time to bake something, I knew it would have to be easy. You can't get much easier than this four ingredient recipe using a cake mix and candy. These gooey little bars are the perfect treat for even your busiest nights.

Rolo Cake Mix Bars
adapted from Taste of Home by Cookies & Cups

1 box (18.25 oz) yellow, vanilla or white cake mix, dry
5 oz evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter, melted 40 Rolo Candies, unwrapped and cut in half

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cake mix, milk and butter and mix until combined. When the mixture is completely mixed (it should be dry, like cookie dough), divide the dough in half. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven.

Place the Rolo candies, caramel side down, onto the cookie crust. Drop the rest of the remaining dough by teaspoon, into the pan. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting the bars into squares to serve.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...